Wednesday 25 August 2010

Interesting morning...

Just got back from the police station...

This morning I got a phone call from my bank. My Visa card was over limit. That's not right. I haven't made any huge purchases recently. Check the account online and there's 3 purchases made at Apple Online Sydney totally $4,500 a couple of days ago! That most certainly wasn't me!

Phoned by bank to raise a dispute. They're investigating. Really good actually. They refunded the money pending the outcome of the dispute.

Phoned Apple Online. It appears someone has opened an account with them using my name, my Visa card no, a fake email address but using my domain name (piggo.com). They'd ordered an iPod Nano and 2 MacBook Pros before the limit was exceeded. The orders were on the way to these frauds/thieves! They gave an address! In Queensland! I asked for the address, but they wouldn't give it to me :( I had a little delivery of my own to make. Sporting goods - a swinging baseball bat. >:(

Went to the police, made a report. Told them if they go to the address and need backup, call me. :D

Update: Since posting this I've heard from several acquaintences that have had exactly the same thing happen to them over the last couple of weeks. All had odd credit card transactions for items from Apple Online Sydney. It appears that either Apple or some other websites I've read reckon iTunes has been hacked and credit card details stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment