Monday 26 November 2012

Hayden and Daddy's photography session at Roma St Parklands

Hayden and I took a trip to Roma St Parklands on the train on Sunday.  He loves trains, was a good excuse to get out of the house, and have a bit of a scout around RSP to see if there were many insects around for some macro photography opportunities.

This was an unusual fly I found.  It's a treehopper mimic fly, a very pregnant one by the looks of it.

Mummy fly

And I quite liked the purple velvet texture of the stalk this robberfly was perched on.  Was hoping to get a better shot, but there was a brown flash in the field of view, and when I looked up from behind my camera there was a female blue wren licking her lips right next to where he was.  Can only assume the predator (robberflies are insectivores) became lunch.

Robberfly on purple velvet

To keep Hayden entertained, I gave him our compact digital camera and taught him how to click the shutter.

Budding photographer

I figured he could take thousands of photos, it costs nothing.  He absolutely loved it.  And these are some of the shots he took.  Some not too bad.  I honestly had nothing to do with these, he did everything himself.  All I did was download them and do some very basic white balance/contrast adjustments.  No cropping or anything.  Not bad for a 2.5 year old?

Trip to RSP by Hayden 06

Trip to RSP by Hayden 10

Trip to RSP by Hayden 03

No comments:

Post a Comment