Thursday 16 September 2010

More babies in the house

Baby bugs that is.

I noticed some kind of true bug, pretty sure it was a seed bug, on the wall near our laundry. Kept an eye on it and sure enough it layed some eggs on the door frame. Been watching them hoping they'd hatch, and they must have done so some time in the last few hours before I took these shots. Grabbed a few of the little cuties near where they hatched then moved them, very delicately, outside onto some plants. Made sure I took the opportunity to get some shots on the nicer green background.

Think this is my pick of the litter.
Baby bugs V

Just to give you an idea of how small they are, this is them next to my pinky finger.
Baby bugs IV

This is where they hatched from. Little cuties.
Baby bugs II

Really close at 5:1 lifesize. You can see some of the shell casing still stuck to it's leg.
Baby bugs III

1 comment: